I'm happy to report to all on the net a successful annual Education
Conference in Minneapolis for members of the Parkinson community.  The
annual meeting has been held for the last two years at St. Mary's Greek
Orthodox Church on the east shore of beautiful Lake Calhoun, an eminently
accessible facility. This year's speakers were Drs. Mark Stacy (University
of Mssouri Hospital and Clinics Department of Neurology), Felix Swiebel
and Paul Silverstein (both of Methodist Hospital HealthSystem Minnesota
Parkinson's Center).  All three gave excellent current information on the
course of Parkinson's treatments.  Also, Karen Kaiser Clark, author and
president of The Center for Executive Planning (St. Paul) spoke well on the
topic "Live is Change-Growth is Optional.  She was an inspirational and
motivational speaker.  Very well received.

On the evening before the Minnesota Chapter had its meeting at the new
Struthers Parkinson's Center CREATE Program facility.  This center is to be
dedicated on Friday, September 29, at 4:00 p.m..  It is the result of a
joint effort of the Methodist Hospital HealthSystem Minnesota, our local
Information and Referral Center, and the Minnesota Chapter.  The center
offers clinical services, full day evaluations, and a variety of
therapeutic opportunities involving painting, woodworking, meditation,
horticulture, Tai Chi.  What an excellent place!  (Call 612-932-5495 for
information from the CREATE Center.)

Among other thinks the CREATE Center has a computer center where we can
participate in the "net" opportunities, like this great meeting.  Watch for
some of our folks to be visiting with the rest of us from the CREATE
Center!

 EDWARD MARTIN, Truman, Minnesota.  (written on Thu, Sep 28, 1995, at  8:19
pm)

    Internet Address: [log in to unmask]