My name is Bruce Anderson, I'm 52, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in
1987, and I'm dictating this message using DragonDictate.  I hope this doesn't
sound like a spam, but I want to urge everyone who has difficulty typing to
consider this product.

With the nausea that hits first when I take Sinemet, the tired and drained
sensations that hit when the Sinemet wears off, and the physical pain I suffer
from sitting rigid at the computer when trying to work while "off", I have a
limited number of hours per day that I can do computer work.  (Don't we all?)
During these hours, I try to do my work-work (i.e., earn my living) and my
hobby-work (I'm trying to write a book).  DragonDictate allows me to make the
most I can of these hours.

DragonDictate comes in three versions.  Its starter version lists for $400.  Its
regular version (which I use and really like) lists for $700.  It also has a
power version that costs $1700.  These prices include everything but the sound
card.  However, all it needs is is a Sound Blaster 16, which is a (perhaps the)
standard sound card these days.  For what it costs, I think it's spectacular!

DragonDictate is produced by Dragon Systems, Inc. 617-965-5200.  Their URL is:
http://www.dragonsys.com/

The URL's of two resellers are:  http://www.iglou.com/vrsky/brochure.htm  and:
http://nomius.com/~VOICE_RECOG/

My company bought the one I use from Metropolitan Technical Services,
703-968-7855; they were extremely helpful in getting it up and running on my
486/33 machine.  Since then, I got a new machine (a 100 megahertz Pentium).  It
transfered successfully, and is amazingly fast.  What I like best about it is
how easy it is to use and how quickly and easily it learns my pronunciation and
my words, like Parkinson's, Sinemet, Condorcet, and monotonicity.  But it has
other features that others might like even better.  And it does a few cute
things too, like being able to type, without help:  This sentence ends with a
period.  (Note the ending "period.".)  It's certainly neither perfect nor
infallible.  But, for Parkies that use a computer (and other non-typist
computer users), it's certainly worth checking out.

Bruce