On Monday, 11 Sept. Joanne Sandstrom wrote:

>ET is treated with proprandolol or primadone.  Surgical treatment has been
>thalamotomy; currently, the thalamic stimulation surgery is also being used.
>
>International Tremor Foundation, Dept. PM, 833 W. Washington Blvd.,
>Chicago IL 60607 for more information, including referrals to physicians,
>researchers, and support groups.
>
>Joanne Sandstrom
>and (P) Don Sandstrom, 58, 21

Has anyone been diagnosed with ET and/or taken Proprandolol or Primadone?
I'm suspecting more and more that my symptoms speak towards ET and not PD:
my Sinemet response is eratic, (there are more and more days when my meds
function little or not at all); my on-time has been deteriorating, my
tremor is more active when i'm active and more quiet when i'm quiet.  I
rarely drink, but i've read on the list and heard from others that alcohol
quiets ET, so i'm going to experiment and drink wine--in moderation of
course! (I don't want to trade ET, PD for a drinking problem). :-)

"Peace from the clouds"                       \--*MH*--/

Birth Name: Jeffrey Romanyshyn          Email: mythhawk@west,net
Spiritual/Animal Moniker: Myth-Hawk     Occupations: Poet/Ph.D. student:

                                                     Mythological Studies

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your
right to say it." -- Voltaire

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry (written under ROM
CARPATHIAN) and other fine literary creations at the M. David Lewis
Enterprises HomePage at: http://www.mdle.com/