For about the past year I've been taking Sinemet 25/100 tid, without any
dramatic effect, and with my insatiable curiosity I decided to experiment
(this is ok with my Kaiser neurologist, who sees me only about twice a
year). BTW, I'm 73, diagnosed about 2 yr with mild symptoms, also taking
Mysoline 25 mg (half tablet) bid for tremor.

Anyhow I tried skipping the noon Sinemet, cutting the daily dose by a
third, and I feel better! Chronic weakness and lack of endurance (the
most troublesome PD symptom) much improved, the extreme pain on knee
extension (going up or down stairs, arising from chair) disappeared, and
mirabile dictu, extreme oiliness of neck and scalp went away! Note well,
I didn't stop Sinemet entirely, just cut the dose. And I have only done
this for a few days so far, have no idea if I can continue or if the
effects will persist, but they are so striking that I thought it
worthwhile to put out a message.

What does it all mean? Would like to see comment, especially from you
professionals out there.

Cheers, Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road