I am a new member.

My mother is 67 years old and has hd Parkinson's Disease for over 25 years.
Over the past 12 months or so, she has started to have hallucinations from
the sinemet. Her doctor put her on closerol to stop the hallucinations. When
she moved to FLorida, her new neurologist put her on resperdol instead of the
closerol. Apparently, the resperdol is safer.

The quality of my mother's life is not great, so I am thinking of researching
the possibility of a pallidotomy. Does anyone have information on the risks
and successes of such an operation - and the best surgeons and hospitals to
go?

I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

Aaron Gavios

PS YOu can also call me at work at (800) 933-9099 x603