Dear Joyce,

Sorry about the typing error, but I'm not used to uploading offline files.

The sentence should read, "It does not alter rigidity or badykinesia

significantly."

So, this doesn't seem like the operation for you.  I also suffer toe

curling and cramping, mainly in the morning before my meds kick in, sometimes

after lunch and late at night when I'm low on medication. It usually helps

to sit down for a few minutes and rest.

As far as Dr. Faull from New Zealand, I'm not sure is he is doing fetal

transplants as he says in his speech that because of ethical issues

associated with transplants and the fact that 2-4 fetuses are required

for ach translplantation, he feels it is not practical for this technique

to be adopted as a routine procedure for treating the Parkinson's patient.

To quote from his speech, he says, "However, despite all of these problems

and issues, the research that I have presented here and the preliminary

results of clinical trials all show that there is a potential to help

patients with PD and other neurological diseases by replacing brain cells

that have died with cells that produce the same chemical.   The replacement

cells don't necessarily have to be fetal cells, they may in fact be

cultured cells that have genetically engineered to either produce the

deficient chemical or to produce chemicals that inhibit cell death and

promote the survival of brain cells."

Good luck.

Celia Jones