> One of the drugs that may induce parkinson-like symptons in some patients is
> Reglan which is presribe for esophogeal problems. My wife was on this
> medication and had all the signs: slurred speach, slow movement etc. After
> going off the drug she returned to normal behavior.  She now has the real
> thing and everyone we have talked to says it is not caused by the earlier use
> of reglan. She may have had a predisposition to PD and the Reglan brought it
> out.

My husband had the exact same experience with his anti-hypertensive
medication when he was 37 years old.  We have speculated that it was his
medications that caused the onset of Parkinsons (we also believe that he
was predisposed).  Which leads me to ask--have any studies been done to
determine how often medication of any kind (psychotropic drugs come to
mind) is related to the onset of PD.

-----
Peace
Mary Ann Ryan