Hi everyone

My name is Ram (not the same one whose mother had a pallidotomy a month ago).  I
 have been lurking around for quite sometime now. My father(50 yrs), who lives
 in India, was diagnosed with PD 5 years ago and hence my interest in the list.
 He has rigidity in his left hand and tremor in the right.  I talk to my parents
 about twice a month and was told the last time that his condition has been
 worsening at a fast pace over the past three or four months.  From ON periods
 of two hrs and OFF of half hour, it has become the other way round.  He also
 has very less sleep during the nights .  The main problem seems to be rigidity
 just under the rib cage on the left side.  Wonder if anyone has had such a
 problem?

I was thinking of getting him here for a possible pallidotomy or fetal
 transplant.  But from what I understand, it might be better to hold on as long
 as there is some effect from the medicines.

Over the past two or three weeks, the postings about NADH has really caught my
 attention.  Few questions about it:

Does it have any side effects like the other medicines?
For the people who have tried it, how much improvement has it given.
Do we need a doctor's prescription to buy the medicine?
Another problem for me would be that his doctors in India might not have heard
 about it.  If the medicine has to be taken under the supervision of his doctor,
 Iam not sure how I should go about doing this.(Maybe send all the articles
 about it to the doctor???)

Thank you for your time

Ram Nagarajan ([log in to unmask])