In article  "Zippo Bilbrok 3.0e8" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>> One of the drugs that may induce parkinson-like symptons in some patients is
>> Reglan which is presribe for esophogeal problems. My wife was on this

>My husband had the exact same experience with his anti-hypertensive
>medication when he was 37 years old.  We have speculated that it was his
>medications that caused the onset of Parkinsons (we also believe that he
>was predisposed).  Which leads me to ask--have any studies been done to
>determine how often medication of any kind (psychotropic drugs come to
>mind) is related to the onset of PD.

We have an excellent study in the archive on drug-induced parkinsonism.

The title of the study is:  Drug-Induced & Tardive Movement Disorders Gwen M.

This study can be retrieved by using the listserve tools.

Address a message to:

In the body of the message put:

//DBlook   JOB   Echo=No
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD *
select * in parkinsn
print all 4979

Send the message.

Within a few minutes, this study will be in your mailbox.

John Cottingham    "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know a subject,
                    or we know where we can find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]                   Dr. Samuel Johnson