I've been wondering whether the mass rally of --what was it,
100,000?--Canadians asking Quebec to stay was what actually swung the
vote that fraction to the no side.  After all, it swung yes mostly on
emotionalism when St. Lucien stepped in.  The undecided voters were
working on emotion up to the moment the stepped into the ballot
booth--not a bad thing to build a country on, really--and the sense
that they were valued after all might just have swung it that .5% it
needed.

Any reaction from our friends in Quebec (still thank God our countrymen)?