> Rick:
>
> How does "university writing" differ from "academic writing"?
>
> Doug

Janetcan probably answer that one better than I can.  University writing
is a 1st year course, academic writing a 2nd year course.  University
writing, I think, helps students make the transition from high school to
university, helps them write course papers, including lower division
course papers.  Academic writing is a broader category, which includes
scholarly and scientific journal articles; students are presumably trying
to master the genres of their chosen disciplines.  Over to you, Janet,
for the real answer.  (I haven't taught either of these courses in
several years now.)

Rick