(An on-line request for off-line money!)

In this issue of _Inkshed_ (Vol. 14, no. 1) there is the annual call for
money.  Employed folks pay $27.50 (and underemployed and unemployed pay
$17.50).  The money goes --not to pay for the printing and distribution of
the _Inkshed_ newsletter (that is coming from the Writing Programmes at
York--at least so far!), but to the Inkshed Publishing Initiative (emanating
from the truly beleaguered University of Manitoba), and to cover the
administrative costs of the organization.  As you know the CASLL listserv is
administered by Russ Hunt (from St. Thomas U.) and there is no fee to
subscribe to this listserv.

It has transpired that there are now 3 groups of people:  those only reading
the _Inkshed_ newletter (who may or may not have paid dues); those only on
CASLL (who, as far as I know, do not include any fee payers), and those of us
communicating via the two media (who may or may not have paid fees).

At the last CASLL annual meeting, we decided to only send out the newsletter
and books to those who had paid their dues.  So we will give folks plenty of
time to pay their 95/96 dues (we're going on the academic year now not the
calendar year), then we will ultimately be cutting off the "n'er do wells"
who don't send us money.  There is no way we can "cut off" the "only CASLLer"
group, but if you fall into this group, we can only appeal to your good
senses.

Please become an "official" member of the Inkshed organization.  Send a
cheque payable to: Inkshed at NSCAD to the CASLL Treasurer

Kenna Manos,
Nova Scotia School of Art and Design
5163 Duke Street, Halifax, N.S. B3J 3J6

This way you'll also get the newsletter and the books!  (and you can put down
on your C.V. that you're a member of this august group....)

regards (again), Mary-Louise Craven,
co-editor, _Inkshed_ newsletter