    My worst fears have been confirmed.  A call for Parizeau's
resignation may bring some much needed light on this issue, but he
will just be the scapegoat.  Some are making politically correct
noises, but too many think as Parizeau does.  Looking at what is
going on in other parts of the world from L.A. to Bosnia, racism is
hardly confined to Quebecers.  Unfortunately, we have two strong
political parties based on ethnicity.  This has to be fought.

Mieke

Mieke Koppen Tucker                     Bishop's University
Director, Writing Centre                Lennoxville, Que.
Writing Proficiency Programme           Canada J1M 1Z7
819-822-9600, ext.400                   Fax: 819-822-9661
home: 819-823-7273                      [log in to unmask]