  What
>does this drama say about rhetorical practice in America today?  What I find
>especially striking is that in each of these ratios public discussion--or at
>least this mediated form of discussion--has moved well beyond the case to the
>arena of social norms, values, and assumptions. Perhaps this is instructive.
>The O.J. Simpson trial, despite or perhaps because of its sensationalism, may
>represent the type of rhetorical praxis that dominates contemporary society.
>

>How do you read this rhetoric?

>Kirt Wilson

One of the aspects of the case which seems to have large rhetorical (not to
mention cyber) implications is the seeming victory of words over "graphics"
(as it were). Charts and graphs didn't cut it. Another large implication is
that "reasoning" showed itself continually as "beginning" in one of a
number of established attitudes (not that there is, or was any option--but
here it was clearly and repeatedly exhibited).
GYT

George Trail