We here in Quebec are awful jittery these days about discussions of
borders, and I want to know if I can keep my CASLL membership if Quebec
decides to separate? Is there a clause in the CASLL constitution dealing
with this sort of situation? Can I have joint membership? Will the
Quebec dollar (a loon on both sides!) be honoured at Inkshed meetings?
I've often felt that Inkshedders from Quebec weren't given sufficient
recognition for their distinctness (not to mention distinction).
Perhaps the solution to all this endless blabbering on about
constitutions, associations, and so on was captured by my then-six
year old son who, hearing about Quebec's desire to separate, suggested
they move it closer to Florida.
Anthony (what part of "no" do you not understand?) Pare