Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 14:23:39 UTC+0200
From: Jesus Cora <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list FICINO <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: English Religious Drama

Dear Ficinians,

I think I remember having read that moralities or mysteries, maybe both,
were banned in England in 1586 (or thereabouts) in order to avoid religious
disputations. I am unable to find a confirmation for
this fact so I am beginning to suspect that this is a figment of my
imagination. Could any charitable soul out there either dismiss or
confirm this idea?

        Yours,

J. Cora
Universidad de Alcala de Henares