As a physician in movement disorders clinic and an avid yoga practitioner I
always recommend to my patients to try it.  There are two major reasons: 1.
Yoga is based on stretching muscles and improving posture and physical (as
well as mental) balance. Hence it is particularly good for people suffering
from muscle stiffness and problems with balance. The second and more
important: yoga helps one to be aware of ones body, and learn to be more
harmonious with ones body.  Since Parkinsons patients often are engaged in a
battle with an unyielding body and feel that their body betrays them a
renewed acquaintance with ones body is a welcome one.  And I almost forgot:
yoga teaches new methods of deep breathing which are very important to
Parkinsons patients who tend to breath shallowly.
have never heard of someone damaged by yoga (it is a very gentle activity)
but know many people including myself that feel its tremendous benefits.  For
those of you who are concerned about religious overtones: Yoga practice has
nothing to do with any religion, it is not associated with any cult guru or
worship.  It is not meditation (although one is welcome to finish a yoga
session by meditation) and not a method to become tranquil (although it is a
side effect so to speak,  of  yoga practice)  In short I think it is worth
trying

                                                                         Hope
this is helpful   Rami Kaminski