Hello all.  I've been lurking for a while now. I've chosen this akward
manner of posting
as there are many people in my life who I have not explained my condition
to. I'd like
to keep it that way for a while longer. I'm 39 and have had problems for
about 4 years,
with an accurate diagnosis about 2 years ago.  I currently take 1.5 25/100
sinemet with 1
lodosyn in the am. I usually have a couple of crackers and some o.j. with
them. I still
end up with nausia after 30 minutes.  I try to take 5mg eldepryl
mid-morning, .5 sinemet
before lunch, 5 mg eldepryl after lunch and 1 sinemet around dinner.  I'm
really getting
by on the morning dose of 1.5 sinemets. I often miss some or all of the
rest of my meds.

My main symptoms are:
 - tremor, mostly in one arm, also in the leg on the same side
 - reduced arm swing, some problems with gait.
 - sleep difficulties. I'm usually wide awake at midnight.

I'm pretty depressed about what the future holds for me. It seems like
progress is coming
too slowly to help. I always hoped for death via 16 ton weight. Now I'm
getting it, but not
dropped from the sky. Instead the weight is being lowered ever so slowly.
I'm extremely
disappointed that the various PD organizations cannot unite to lobby for
the Udall bill.
It seems if we could get the bill passed there would be plenty of time
later to squabble
over how to divide/spend the money. How short-sighted can our leadership be?

Meanwhile, I try to keep a positive attitude.  My wife will be delivering
shortly (our first).
I'm really trying to hang in to raise my kids.  I just wish I had more
time. I'd quit work
tomorrow if they'd give me disability but I don't think it works that way.
In preparing the
house for the arrival, I've discovered that exercise makes a big
difference. I strongly
recommend as much activity as possible.

That's about all for now.

"Ron" 39/4

--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to                [log in to unmask]
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to    [log in to unmask]
If you have any problems, address them to          [log in to unmask]