Dear David and Aviva,

I was very pleased to hear of the staying power of Aviva's pallidotomy.  She
seems to have gotten her life back.  I am sure this has been good for you,
David, also.  If I recall correctly, Aviva had more than normal PD.  That
makes the results even more remarkable.

You are also being realistic in understanding that PD is progressive and the
surgery does not resolve this.  Critics of surgery often confuss disease
progression with failure of the surgery.    There is a big difference.  I
have found that nothing really slows down much less stops desease
progression.  Eldepryl claims to slow progression.  We do know it delays the
need for stronger medications a few months.

Keep us informed of Aviva's progress.

The best to both of you.

Regards,
Alan Bonander