Good day,
        I am constantly amazed by the caring, helpful attitude displayed by
members on this list.  It seems to me that, in spite of this, there are times
when maintaining a positive outlook may be difficult.  Therefore, I'd like to
share a couple of things        I've learned over the years.

        BTW, I'm 49 and healthy as far as I know.  I used to drink a bit, only
to excess.  I used to ingest every drug in sight, whether my sight was clear
or not.  I do neither now.  The lesson I learned, and the statement I make to
others, is "I can do everything I used to, I'm just wise enough to not do most
of it."  Today, it is my choice and decision  to not do these things.

        I used to feel "guilty" if I wasn't busy being productive.  Today,
there are occasions when I'm not busy and someone comes to me to request
something.  In some cases I respond by helping.  In other cases, I respond
with the statement "Don't bother me, I'm busy doing nothing!"

        Bottom line, there are certainly things that I could do yesterday that
today I can't.  It is my choice today, to view the things I can no longer do,
as things I choose to not do rather than view them as things I can't do.   It
took time to adopt this outlook but I've found it to be beneficial.

        I sincerely hope that I've not offended anyone with this.  I, as
stated, am healthy as far as I know and therefore can't say "I know how you
feel".  I do, however, have many friends with various challenges.  They
include, PD, MS, OPCA, ALS, paranoid schizophrenia, cancer (various types),
heart disease, and I'm not sure the diagnosis but my buddy truly believes he's
the emperor of the earth.  My heart hurts for each of these people, especially
for my lady with PD.

        Thus endth my pithy pontifications.
Jeff Jones
49