By the end of the summer Jeff's energy really left him. His tremors were
slowly getting worse and from a standing position, he would lead with his
body to start walking rather than leading with the feet. Jeff was on
Eldepryl, Permax and Cogentin, vit E.
After seeing his doc he started Amantadine and added various vitamins and
herbs to his regimen. He also started NADH beginning with one a day; he
eventually worked up to 4 a day, all before breakfast on an empty stomach.
His energy has rebounded by 100%. He no longer leads with his body to walk
and his finger dexterity (buttons, etc) is better perhaps by 30%. The tremor
is improved by roughly 75% and at times up to 90%.
Jeff feels strongly about starting on Hydergine and a new drug in Stage 3
trials at Upjohn. The Hydergine will start soon but the new rx may take some
time.
The NADH may not be for everyone but it has helped Jeff enormously. When he
asked his doc about the NADH, vitamins, etc. she responded in a very
lukewarm way, saying '...it won't hurt you but I won't tell you to take it'.
I understand that, lawsuits and all. But one shouldn't be discouraged when
their conventional doctors don't enthusiastically endorse these things.
Jeff will continue to take the NADH - he's encouraged by his improved energy
and productivity and credits the NADH, a better diet and vitamins.
Lisa Carper