I think this topic has gotton way out of hand (if you'll allow me...). I
must agree with Barbara Patterson's post. What we have is a 'community' of
techies, the 'inwardly in-touch'  folks, lurkers of all types and so on -
and each and every one of us (them) brings their own gift to this group;
their insight, their experiences, their feelings and so on. Splitting this
group would be the beginning of the end for at least one of the two 'new' lists.
I belong . . . or did belong to another list relating to marketing. The
conversations/posts started EXACTLY as these posts have i.e. let's label our
messages, let's split the list, etc. Well, the result is the group has
dissolved completely. It was a good group, varied by nature and now it's gone.
I understand some find the longer listings and/or technical listings a
problem but PLEASE don't throw the BABY out with the bath water !!  Don't
split the list and proceed cautiously about a labeling system for messages.
We all came to this list accepting it for what it is/was at that time. We
have perhaps at different times found a smile, comfort, sadness, joy,
friendship, commardarie and precious support. And all these things were here
because ALL of us were here.
Well, that's my vote :)  Thanks for listening.
Lisa Carper