> Also, I've started wakeing up at four in the morning (seven hours
> after taking the Sinemet and Eldepryl). I used to sleep untill the
> alarm goes off. I haven't noticed any other change in my sleeping
> pattern as I have always had to wake up several times during the night
> to roll over. I am still able to get back to sleep except at four a.m.
> >From what I have read so far I understand I can eventually expect
> worse sleeping problems. Has anybody else have problems wakeing up a
> little early or am I "just being silly"?

Dear Marvin,

        Because of the insomnia Eldepryl can cause, the original twice a
day schedule for that medication was 8 a.m. and 12 noon.  Some pharmacists
read that the perscription is to be taken twice a day and assume that the
doses shoul be taken 12 hours apart.  I have caught my own hospital
pharmacy in that error.

        Since you state that you are waking up at seven hours after you
take Eldepryl, I can assume that you're taking that medication at 9
p.m.--much too late to allow for a restful night.

        Hope that this information helps.  My husband takes Sinemet on an
odd schedule at night to assure that he will be able to sleep--at least
for him, Sinemet induces  somnolence.
----
Mary Ann
Zippo's mom