I apologize in advance for discussing spam :). But this may interest some of
you.

On Oct 12, 12:04am, Jeffrey Romanyshyn wrote:

> it makes me wonder if free.org is perhaps a haven for spamming.

actually, the headers were probably forged and the spam really did not orginate
from free.org. If you are really interested in the whole spam thing you should
read the usenet newsgroup :

news.admin.net-abuse.misc

where system administrators and others discuss spam and how to stop it. Also,
the man mentioned in the last spam, Chris Lewis, is actually one of the
foremost opponents of spams. Including Chris' name in the spam was obviously an
attempt at revenge by one of the spammers.

Regards,

Kim (who normally lurks on this list, whose mother has been diagnosed for 5
years and is 70)

--
Kim Martin                        http://www.efficient.com
Efficient Networks, Inc.          Voice:  (214) 991-3884 x349