My doctor also claims it's ok to cut sinemet CR.  I take half a pill at
bedtime to help me get through the first four hours of the night and it
seems to be working.  When my regular sinemet stops, the CR takes over.
I haven't tried it during the day because he claims it exacerbates
dyskinesia, which I'm trying to minimize.

Maryhelen,  are you still scheduled for the fetal transplant we discussed
in Washington?  Keep me posted.  I got a newsletter from Bev Steward's
support group in California.  She seems to be doing all right.  I miss
Jim Cordy on the Net, but noticed Margaret Monty has a recent posting.
Good luck to you.

Pat