A number of you expressed an interest in an IRC channel and
asked some questions which I attempted to find answers for.

The primary question was what and where is the "undernet"
and how do you access it. The Undernet is a smaller IRC
network and is not connected the the larger EFnet IRC
network.  Which IRC network you are on will depend on
the server (computer) your program is setup to access.
In order to access either of these IRC networks you
need an additional program and the address of a IRC
server.  While I had #parkinsons open on Saturday and
and Sunday, several people dropped in to talk.
One person was from Compuserve, one from AOL, and two
from other services.  None of the people I talked to
subscribed to this mailing list and all of them said
they were just curious about the purpose of the channel.
(I spend a lot of time answering questions about PD.
One individual even came back the next day.)
For more information about IRC and access to it I
suggest contacting your internet service provider.
(Compuserve and AOL people may not need additional
software.)

By the way, #parkinsons is not a permanent channel,
it only exists when somebody is using or tries to
access it.  I'll try to keep it open for an hour
each day begining at 9:00 CT except on Fridays
(I have a silver smithing class).

http://rampages.onramp.net/~mgiles/