Dear Barbara Patterson,
Thanks for the welcome to the "list and the guide to using it. I have enjoyed
the information and discussions so far.
I was diagnosed as having parkinson's disease in early 1991. Currently my
main sympton is a tremor in my right arm and hand. I have been on and off
several medications since 1991; eldepryl, artane, inderal, and cogentin.
Severe side effects and/or lack of improvement with my tremor has resulted in
my being removed from all of this medication. currently I am taking
amantadine for tremor and zoloft for depression, with good results. I am also
participating in a clinical trial at the University of Rochester Medical
Center. This is a three year safety trial for pramapxyl (for people in the
early stages of PD while not taking sinemet.
Over the past five years my wife Jacky and I have been active in a local
chapter of the APDA and Jacky has also been active in a care givers group. I
would have been lost without my wife's (Registered Nurse) support and
involvement with the medical community.
Looking forward to more communication from the list. Thanks again for the
welcome and for your work with it.

John F. McCabe