        Let me first say how much I appreciated the Martone biographical sketch
posted.  I especially appreciated the analogies used and the effort made to
communicate in lay persons terms.
        However, for the sake of correctness the Pallidotomy is a surgical
procedure on the Globus Pallidus not the Sub Thalamus.  Although some surgeries
have been performed creating lesions in the Sub Thalamus this  is definitely the
surgery of choice.  Plus, I would raise the issue about the Pallidotomy surgery
being a higher risk than a transplant.  As one who has had both an adrenal
transplant in 1987 and a Pallidotomy in 1993 there was no comparison as to which
surgery was the less traumatic and hence less risky.  As far as effectiveness
the Pallidotomy is also much superior to both fetal cell and adrenal cell
implants

Dr. Don Berns
4943 Del Monte Rd.
La Canada, CA 91011