I was sending the following to Joyce as an answer to her inquiry, and
realized it is probably time to post this to the group. Since I have been
the primary NADH nay-sayer, I think my recent success is important. It has
come with the help of my friends on this list,  "Thanks, you know who you
are." One of the most significant improvements I have experienced this
go-round has been relief of my Restless Legs. I say this cautiously, because
I know from experience how desperate you Restless Leg sufferers are, and I
don't want to raise false hope. But after about 4 or 5 days on NADH this
time, even at the starting low dose, I realized that my legs were not
jumping and twitching all nite, kind of like "what's wrong with this
picture?' " Once I became aware of this, I paid attention, and I can state
with assurance that in the last 8-10 days that I have been using NADH, I
have NOT suffered with Restless Legs. This improvement alone is worth about
a million dollars a month (let's not tell the distributors).

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Kathie Tollifson)
>Subject: NADH
>
>Joyce,
>
>I have fooled around with NADH a few times but this is the first time I
have had a reasonably successful adaptation to it. My symptoms without NADH
fall in the Young Parkinsonian category: dyskenesia when ON, and the plunge
off the cliff going OFF. At the time of diagnosis my presenting symptoms
were tremor left arm and hand, and right foot, and rigidity, and
bradykinesia. Sinemet controls those symptoms quite well still, but presents
its own set of problems for me. I have been experiencing a shorter window of
effectiveness lately.

>NADH enhances the sinemet, allowing me to use less (at this point I use
about 1/3 less), and it lasts from 5-5 1/2 hrs instead of 4 (I use CR). My
main problem has been that it disrupts my normally crummy sleep, but I have
taken a gradual approach this time, and am not having that trouble. I find
that I am very sensitive to NADH, you may not be. I started with 1/2 of a
2.5 tab for a few days, then increased to a whole. I have been using a whole
for close to a week. I think I can gain greater benefit from maybe 1 1/2 or
2, but I intend to approach those thresholds slowly, and back down if need
be. After all, it's not like I don't have the rest of my life to make this
transition.

>I agree with Jeff Carper, that NADH offers benefit to many of us, probably
the youngsters, and early stage folks, but how you approach it may be very
important. Jeff was able to dive right in, I have had to tiptoe around it.
But I believe it's worth the effort if your goal is to reduce or eliminate
sinemet.

That's all folks! I feel GREAT!

(P) Kathie Tollifson
45,7