To Jeffrey and others (to save bandwidth):

I, too, received responses from various domains regarding "SpamKing".
Most of the replies were honestly trying to help.  It seems that this
particular spammer is very good at what he does and moves about on
various providers, changing each time that he sends out a message.  He
does this for a living (and, I suppose, also for his perverse
"jollies").  In most cases, the Internet service providers act quickly
to remove him from their system, but, as soon as he is removed from one
system, he gets on another.

There is not much that can be done except for the Lists (including this
one) to set the Listserver so that it will reject messages sent by
people who do not, after a message or two, subscribe.  Barb, note this;
perhaps you can speak to your Listserv administrator and have this done
for this List.

Otherwise, the only thing to do is to make judicious use of the delete
button!

Best to all,

Bob

-------------------------------------

You wrote:

>Bob,
>
>I too sent a message to the [log in to unmask] on Wed., and received
>very quick reply that the "SpamKing" was not a user on free.org.
Later
>that day, another SpamKing message appeared, so i sent another message
>free.org--and got the same "Form-Email" reply as the first--word for
word!
>Obviously it is a quick reply message prepared in advance to save
time, but
>it makes me wonder if free.org is perhaps a haven for spamming.
>
>Call me paranoid? :-)
>
>At 16:03 10/11/95, Robert Fink wrote:
>>This was sent to <[log in to unmask]> in response to the
>>latest effort to "spam" this List.

>>suffering from Parkinson's Disease.  Such practices are
>>unconscionable and nourish current attempts by Government to
>>restrict the use of the Internet.  I would ask
>>that you discipline your user accordingly.  Thank you for
>>your cooperation.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>
>>Robert A. Fink, M. D.

---
>"Peace from the clouds"                       \--*MH*--/
>
>Birth Name: Jeffrey Romanyshyn          Email: mythhawk@west,net
>Spiritual/Animal Moniker: Myth-Hawk     Occupations: Poet/Ph.D.
student:

>                                                     Mythological
Studies

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
World Wide Web:  <http://www.phoenix.net/~medical/fink.html>

CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"