Laura Vroman (not a list subscriber since she can't afford the CompuServe
fees for all the spamming), asks me to pass on her response to Gary Crowe's
comment about cramps. (I have personally observed the amazing ice cube
cure. How they hit upon it no one remembers!)

"My husband has had PD for 14 years and for the past 7 or 8  years has had
terrible abdominal cramping.  He often writhes with the pain.  The doctors have
not attributed it to PD, but they  have no idea the cause.   I think it might be
related  to the PD (most everything seems to be caused by PD, doesn't it?)
Whatever, the cause, he takes Mylanta and that usually helps.  Interestingly
enough he has found that if the pain is not too bad, sucking an ice cube
relieves the pain.  You are the first person we have heard of who has these
cramps; we were glad to know that he is not alone.  He, too, seems to have the
cramps about once a month, sometimes more often.  Good luck.

Laura Vroman
Redlands, CA
CompuServe  [log in to unmask]"