i've wondered about my recurring nightmare: in the middle of any one of a
dozen action scenes (chased by murderer, chased by snarling dog, stalked by
rapist, etc.) I freeze cold, totally unable to move, watching the horrible
scene play out in sheer terror. I've had dreams like this as long as I can
remember. Now I don't have them anymore, I just freeze up trying to get in
the car, or maneuver through a crowd. Well, at least the element of physical
harm is gone. I also have wondered if my subconscious knew something that my
conscious mind wasn't aware of.

Re: expensive and long downloads. I have subscribed to AOL, Compuserve, and
now a local Internet access service. IMHO, the policies of AOL are not
condusive to cost-effective on-line use. Boy, was that an understatement. I
used to gripe non-stop about long downloads, until I switched to Compuserve.
For about a week I used both to compare. Mail that downloaded in 20 minutes
on AOL, took 2-3 minutes on Compuserve. No Joke. Not to mention AOL's
despicable habit of involuntarily loading needless art work every time you
click your poor mouse. Gosh, now that I think about it, it kind of feels
life those dreams....stuck while the horrible scene unfolds. And that
improvement was BEFORE I upgraded my modem. Then I bought a 14.4, and went
local, and now I don't care if you want to email me your memoirs (as long as
they're interesting). When I quit AOL I emailed them my opinion of them, so
eventually they contacted me to see if there was ANYTHING they could do to
get my business back. I said  like actually give me the 10 free hours of
online time that they promised, but billed me for anyway....the salesgirl
laughed and said, yeah, like that. I said "No thanks". (Is this letter as
long as Ron's yet?) Enough said. Yep, I took NADH this morning, and there's
no slowing down...

Kathie Tollifson ([log in to unmask])