Hello Ralph & Judy,

My Dad lives in Alabama and was diagnosed last year.  He was diagnosed with
PD by a neurologist in Birmingham.  I was not impressed by the way he
handled the diagnosis or the information needed for living with the disease
and the side effects of the medication.  I called the Parkinson's Disease
Association at Emory University in Atlanta.  A very nice lady there returned
my call.  Emory has one of the best PD programs in the country I am told and
Atlanta is not that far from the South Carolina border if you could make the
trip.  My Dad says he does not want to drive to Atlanta for treatment (I
don't like his choice but certainly respect his wishes).  The PD Association
gave me the name of a neurologist at UAB who only sees PD patients.  My Dad
is willing to drive to Birmingham for treatment (about 1 hour drive).  His
first appointment is in a couple of weeks.  If you call Emory they could
probably give you similar information for your area.  The phone number is
404-248-5120.  The phone is always answered by a machine but I have always
had return phone calls very quickly.  Good luck!!!

Nancy Walker