At 01:21 AM 10/19/95 EDT, Joan Dykstra wrote:
>I have been spending some time in the Compuserve Forum on Holistic Health and
>came across this message:  "....There is some research that people with MS,
>Parrkinson's and Migraines may have an abnormal Melatonin cycle.  Treatment is
>geared in reducing the melatonin in them..."  I find it particularly
>interesting because I have both PD and Migraines.
>I know that some of you have been using Melatonin successfully to get a good
>night's sleep.  Perhaps the Parkinson's medications lower the melatonin?  (I
>take only Eldepryl and have never had a problem sleeping.)  Can anyone out
>there shed some light on this?
>Thank you.  I enjoy reading the messages every day.

        This is fascinating.  I, too, have PD and migraines altho my
migraines are very mild since I have been on PD meds.  I only take Eldepryl
and 25/100 Sinemet and I sleep as if I have been drugged.  I spend half the
morning in a stupor and I can't seem to get going until noon.
        By the way, my father and his brother also had PD and all three of
us had late life migraines before the PD.  That is, all 3 of us got
migraines in our 40's.  I have been told that most migraine sufferers start
young and in about the 40's begin to stop. I have always been intrigued by
this common problem shared by the 3 of us who got PD.
--
Helen Ormsby = [log in to unmask]
Eagle River, Alaska

"If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"