At 07:39 17/10/95, Barbara Patterson wrote:

 * Dear Ilan:
 *
 *
 * Welcome to the PARKINSN list.  Please send a message to the list
 * (if you want to) introducing yourself and any Parkinson's-related
 * topics you would like.
 *
 * Let me introduce myself.  I am a secretary for six faculty members
 * in the School of Nursing, McMaster University.  In September, 1992, I was
 * diagnosed as having Parkinson's...hence my interest in this list.
 *
 * This is my first attempt at being owner of a list so please
 * bear with me.
 *
 * I have appended the guide below this message.  I hope you enjoy
 * your involvement with the PARKINSN list.
 *
 * Barb

Hello all.

I found this list almost by accident.  Trying my luck searching with
Netscpae via YAHOO, I asked for "parkinson".  I found a lot of useful
addresses.

Why am I interested in P ?  My father (age 86) has it for many years and is
now in a VERY sorry state.

In my surfing the WWW net I found a description of a "renewed" brain
operation called Pallidotomy.  It sounds very promising - but seems to be
too late for my father.  I collected a list of URL pointers regarding
Parkinson and Pallidotomy.

I hope the people on this list understand what I am talking about -
regarding "computerese".  If not, please ask and I can explain.

How many people are on this list?

Sincerely

| Ilan Sz=E8kely, Macintosh Consultant     \/|\ |  |/
| Dental School's Computer Lab            \| \/ \/
| E-mail: [log in to unmask]              \/  /
| Phone: +972-2-758571, Internal 88571       |_/
| Home:  +972-2-343391, FAX +972-2-333497    |