I am posting this on behalf of my mother.  She is 60 and lives in the
UK.  I have been sending her the list postings for the past few weeks
and she has written me a letter to post to you all.  Please send/post
your replies and I will ensure that she gets them asap.

--------------------------------- ** --------------------------------

Hello Friends,

I am Nik's mother - he is listening and talking for me.

My PD was diagnosed 20 years ago.

Meds:  Bromocryptine, Eldepryl, Madopar 125 and Britaject (Apomorphine)
injections administered hourly approx. 16 times a day.

About 18 months ago I had my first fall.  Others followed at irregular
and infrequent (weeks rather than days) intervals.  Most were of minor
importance with slight to moderate bruising.  However, the next fall
was severe and resulted in my fracturing a hip bone.  Operation and
hospital stay as a result...

Since those days, I also suffer from insomnia.

About two months ago, the fall intervals became shorter and shorter,
until 2 weeks ago it reached a climax of 2-3 a day.  I have had
numerous black eyes, bruises, broke skin, and a dislocated shoulder.

I can keep these falls to a minimum if I don't do anything and have
someone with me all the time!!!!!

I find it dificult to describe these falls accurately.  It all happens
so fast.  As mentioned earlier, the torso gets the go-ahead from the
brain, the feet are totally ignored by the brain, until SUDDENLY they
start to race very fast until I either crash into an object or fall
onto the floor with such violence that I am left quite dazed.

What I would like help and advice on is how do you all cope with
falling?  How are you preventing/avoiding it?  How do you reckon I
should go about avoiding another major fall?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Evelyne

Please reply via the list or via  [log in to unmask]

Thanks.