The following is the exact verbiage from my 9/23/94 neuro-exam summary
letter that secured my getting Social Security Disability Insurance. No
further documentation was needed by Social Security to process the claim.

Please note that a woman who is a Disability Analyst, per the City of Santa
Rosa's direction, also assisted me. She told me that we would be turned
down at least once; she was amazed to see the whole process over in a few
months.

My neurologist was reluctant to call me disabled since he hadn't seen me
when I was truly ""switched off"'.

Hope this helps someone out there.
--------

9/23/94 neuro-exam

HPI: This is a revisit for this 36 y.o. man with Idiopathic Parkinson's
Disease. He has been followed with a diagnosis for some four years, and has
in retrospect had symptoms extending back some seven years. Thus symptom
onset was at age 29 years. Since diagnosis, he has been followed regularly
in this department and has shown disease progression. However, all visits
to me have been while he was actively taking Sinemet and Eldepryl. He comes
today without having taken any medication since last evening. His usual
medication schedule consists of Eldepryl 5 mg, 2 daily, and Sinemet 25/100,
5 to 7 daily. Note is made of his recently negotiated disability retirement
from the employ of the City of Santa Rosa. He (and the City's disability
insurance carrier request certification of his disability so that he will
qualify for total and permanent disability as well as for a blue parking
placard.

Exam: This is a w/d w/n man in no distress. He has not taken his medication
this date. Facial masking is evident, as is a very "slack" mouth and
minimal drooling. Voice is hypophonic and subtly slurred. A stooped posture
is evident on standing and walking; steps are small and shuffling, and no
associated arm swing(of either UE) is noted. He is unstable with attempted
rapid turns as he walks to and fro; he turns "en bloc". There is a very
prominent nearly continuous rest tremor of the RUE. There is cogwheel
rigidity of both UEs, R far more prominent than L.

Imp: Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease. In contrast to previous observations
and evaluations, I now believe (having see n the patient after only missing
one dose of medicine) that he is indeed disabled completely and permanently
from future employment. This is due to rather dramatic motor fluctuations
which are now evident. , and were not evident in the past (he always wanted
to appear at his best). Even part-time work is problematic because there is
not a guarantee of consistent and predictable "on" time, even with very
consistent dosing intervals. Thus I concur (after the fact) with the wisdom
and appropriateness of his medical retirement. Parkinson's Disease is a
degenerative disease and will predictably worsen steadily for the rest of
his life. Therefore he should not be able to return to work, ever.

Rec: I agree with the appropriateness of his medical retirement. I agree
that he merits a "Disabled" parking placard and have filled out and signed
the appropriate paperwork. He should for now continue his Sinemet and
Eldepryl unchanged. The possibility of adding a Dpoamine Agonist (such as
Bromocriptine) is again discussed. This will be addressed further in the
future. A recheck visit is suggested for 3 to 4 months; he is welcome to
call sooner as needed

(my Neurologist's name here)