William,

There are other options out there for your father.  One course of action is
the Pallidotomy.  There are many articles available on this procedure.  When
the medication is no longer working this is when the pallidotomy comes in.

The most helpful article I read reagarding this was from a gentleman in
Jerusalam who research the option and put his findings on this network.  You
can find it by sending an e-mail to:

MARSHLU.vms.huji.ac.il

Ask him to forward his information to you.

If you have trouble sending it please let me know and I will forward mine to
you.  I may try to do that anyway.

I am rather new to AOL and don't know how to do everything with ease yet.

Also, search the Internet World Wide Web and access it using the following:

http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/PDmain/.html

I added this to my favorite places menu and easily go to it as well as PD
menu and a neurologists column area.

This was a very exciting find for me and I have found many useful articles
regarding PD and alternative therapy, surgeries, medication difficulties and
answers to many other questions.

Best wishes to you and your family.  I hope you find answers to your
questions.

One thing I have learned in life is to NEVER give up on anything.  If you
believe there is an answer you will find one.  KEEP SEARCHING!

Sheila De Vine