On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Sheila De Vine wrote:

> William,
>
> There are other options out there for your father.  One course of action is
> the Pallidotomy.  There are many articles available on this procedure.  When
> the medication is no longer working this is when the pallidotomy comes in.
>
> The most helpful article I read reagarding this was from a gentleman in
> Jerusalam who research the option and put his findings on this network.  You
> can find it by sending an e-mail to:
>
> MARSHLU.vms.huji.ac.il
>
> Ask him to forward his information to you.
>
> If you have trouble sending it please let me know and I will forward mine to
> you.  I may try to do that anyway.
>
> I am rather new to AOL and don't know how to do everything with ease yet.
>
> Also, search the Internet World Wide Web and access it using the following:
>
> http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonsweb/Main/PDmain/.html
>
> I added this to my favorite places menu and easily go to it as well as PD
> menu and a neurologists column area.
>
> This was a very exciting find for me and I have found many useful articles
> regarding PD and alternative therapy, surgeries, medication difficulties and
> answers to many other questions.
>
> Best wishes to you and your family.  I hope you find answers to your
> questions.
>
> One thing I have learned in life is to NEVER give up on anything.  If you
> believe there is an answer you will find one.  KEEP SEARCHING!
>
> Sheila De Vine

Shelia, thank you for your info and the address for MARSHLU I will
defintely contact him. Since iv'e joined this list the responses to my
questions have been great, all of you out there have been very supportive
and helpful. Iv'e recieved much good information and some helpful advice.
One peice of info I'm checking out is Pallidotmy, I had not heard of this
procedure before now but am researching it. As for hope,I won't give up,
life without hope is no life at all. My mother also wanted to thank
everyone in the group for the help, support and information we have recieved,
Ive been forwarding information to her via us mail and the phone and she
really appreciates it, shes been in contact with the doctors at oregon
health and Sci. Universty concering further treatment and the possibilty
of Pallidotmy, but my father is 73 and was first diagnosed when he eas 45.
His failing health is of a concern to them regarding any surgrey. At this
point in time he is not on any meds, is bed ridden and in a nursing
home.  My mom take cares for him as much as possible and the staff at the
home in McMinville Oregon are great people and welcome her help. Well,
the clock says its time to go back to class, so will sign off for now
(I'm trying to finish my associates degree in Graphis Arts) thank you
once again.

Bill Hafer

                                /\
      * Bill Hafer            ///\\\