Years ago I remember reading that many people who were said to have
"fallen and broken their hip" actually had a hip fracture, and THEN fallen.
It stands to reason if you look at how fragile the hip joint can be,
it looks like a rather thin socket, in which the thick legbone (sorry I
don't know the correct name of the bone) pivots. Picture a thick piece of
pipe inside an eggshell..all it would take is a quick jolt and the
eggshell would shatter, right? On the other hand, the hip area of the
body is covered with a thick layer of muscle and fat, so if you did fall
on your hip, it would likely be protected from the impact by that muscle
and fat.  When the hip joint gets replaced, the first thing the doctor
reccommends is constant excersize to keep the joint moving, however a
typical older parkinson's victim may have great difficulty doing this, so
I would not be surprised if the hip replacement was not as succesful as
in a person without Parkinson's.
On the subject of killing animals for medical testing and
experimentation, I detest killing of animals for any reason, HOWEVER, we
kill millions of animals, fish and fowl to eat, we spend probably
trillions of dollars to exterminate insects and rodents, just because we
don't want them around, and countless animals are killed to give
recreation to hunters, with the explanation that they would die anyway
from starvation, if the "herds were not thinned out" . We kill probably
thousands of animals with our vehicles, due to careless driving, or
people not keeping their pets off the roads......ALL that and if someone
wants to save human lives and prevent needless suffering, someone will
say "don't kill the animals" I forgot one last thing, what about the
animals killed to make fur coats, or interiors for cars, or to test
cosmetics?

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker