Hi everyone,
     I wanted to report back to you about the terrific Parkinson's
symposium that was held in Fairfax, VA. last Saturday.  It was
planned and organized by the APDA National Capitol Area support
group.  We had between 325 and 350 participants and really
interesting speakers.  The day was very informative, heart-warming
and hopeful because there is so much research going on in the
field.  I wish I could share all the information with each of you.
The sessions were video-taped and are available for purchase from
CB Video Productions, P.O. Box 2892, Chantilly, VA 22022-2892
(703)385-3740.   Each speaker was videotaped separately
so there are 9 tapes available at $15 (+$3 shipping cost) each.
     1. Mahlon DeLong, M.D. - Pallidotomy and Other Surgical
                         Advances
     2. William Koller, M.D. - Symptoms, Early Diagnosis and
                          Prognosis
     3. David Glosser, ScD. - Personality/Cognitive Changes in
                          Parkinson's Disease
     4. David Gebara, M.D. - Depression and Parkinson's Disease
     5. Linda Sigmund, M.D. - Effective Treatments in Parkinson's
                          Disease: New Insights, New Challenges
     6. Marilyn Colburn - Creatively Visualizing Your Way to Health
     7. Donna Dorros - The Evolving Role of the Carepartner
     8. Ray Watts, M.D. - New Drugs and Research Offering Hope for
                          the Future
     9. Gina Bedrosian - Exercise and Parkinson's - Just Do It

These tapes would be great for individuals who are interested in the
topics, but especially for support groups - especially the Gina
Bedrosian talk.  It is humorous, helpful, and she is an amazing
woman who has had PD for 30 years - and we could not tell that she
had symptoms.
                         Best wishes,
                         Susan Hamburger ([log in to unmask])