Dear Irv,
        Although patients with tremor dominance , on-off, and dyskinesias (Type A
Parkinson's Disease ) respond best to the Pallidotomy other symptoms are also
often helped.  I would encourage you to take your wife in for an evaluation with
a good neurologist who is up to speed on Pallidotomies.  Your E-mail address
indicated you were from Toronto so I would recommend you see Dr. Anthony Lang at
the Toronto hospital where William Berman had a Pallidotomy, see his post on
Oct. 10.
        Another doctor to see would be Pat Kelley at N.Y.U.
Dr. Don Berns
4943 Del Monte Rd.
La Canada, CA 91011
818-790-8812