I want to thank all the members in this group. I didn't realize how
important the daily mail is to me until I went away on a trip for  5 days
and returned to find 88 messages (most from  this group). Thanks to those
of you who have called, sent packages of goodies my way, traded photographs
(it's refreshing to put a face with a voice in cyberspace), and the one
person in this network who even came to "play in the redwoods with me".

But, most of all, I want to thank this group for allowing me at times to
poke irreverently at PD and all of its related occurrences. I told someone
about the network and showed them some of the things I posted. After
explaining the medical terms, they asked me, "How do the people respond to
these parodies you create?". I was uncertain how to respond. With 900+
members, it seems like only 40-50 post with any sort of regularity and of
those maybe 10-12 give me positive feedback about my posts.

As you probably know, my contributions swing between the wholly irreverent
observations to the gut-wrenching testimonials. Living alone and retired at
age 37 with PD and patiently (?) awaiting a pallidotomy in  mid-1996 is
sometimes a horrible experience and it helps me to get things out; talking
in cyberspace to others with PD pr people who are PD caregivers has been
the best thing to happen in a long time.

So, again, to all of you lurking or actively posting in whatever country
you live in , thanks.

And thanks most of all to Barbara Patterson, without whom all of this would
not be possible!

-Your fellow cyberspace PDer

David R. Boots
37, diagnosed 5 and 1/2 yrs