---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 26 Oct 95 16:20:51
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: need advice- traveling with PD

Hello Barb...
I=B9ve been trying to post this note to the list, but it keeps getting reje=
cted. Figured I=B9d try sending it to you. Maybe you can post for me or exp=
lain why I can=B9t  seem to get through?  Thanks.

Hello to the group...
I hope you can advise me on how to make a person with PD more comfortable w=
hen traveling by car.
I'll be flying to Long Island, then will drive my parents to the Washington=
, D.C. area (actually Virginia) for an extended visit.  I'm concerned how a=
 7-hour car trip will affect my father, Jim (78, 5 years).  His meds make h=
im nauseous enough, so I hope I can avoid any car sickness. How about those=
 elastic wrist bands for motion sickness that use accu-pressure, where a sm=
all plastic piece in the wrist band is placed directly over the pulse point=
? Anyone have success with that? Does it have any adverse affects?
My dad also has pain and some stiffness in his legs, back and neck, as well=
 as tremor in the left hand.  Should I stop every 2 hours or so and let him=
 get out to stretch?
I also thought about bringing pillows and a blanket so he can rest or sleep=
 on the back seat. My mother says that chocolate milk often helps his stoma=
ch problems, so I guess I should put some in a small cooler.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

P.S. This group provides a wonderful support system. I look forward to all =
your daily postings... makes me feel like I'm not in this alone.
=20
Maura D. Bernard (father-Jim, 78, 5 yrs)