I've just been scanning my backlog of the "National Geographic" and found the
article "Quiet Miracles of the Brain"; June 1995 issue. Some people on this
list may like to visit a library to see a copy.  Although there are no direct
references to PD the article raises a number of aspects which help me
understand some of the wider impact of chemical deficiencies on the brain and
the associated physical symptoms. There are references to dopamine, PET scans,
neuro transmitters, concepts of Chinese medicine from 4000 years ago, etc. and
the usual NG high quality photographs and graphics. To quote the article:-
"Infinitely more complex than any machine invented, the brain is the essence of
what makes us human. Its blood vessels nourish three pounds of delicate tissue.
Its billions of cells mysteriously regulate the body, learn from a life time of
experiences, and summon the memories and thoughts unique to each of us".

Sorry if some folks have seen this but any newcomers may find it worth a read.

Bob Hills
Leeds, England