At 10:46 AM 10/25/95 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello,
>        My name is Jenny Ganju, I'm a 50 years young lady in Torquay
>Australia. I've had PD for 8 years. I experience rigidity, stiffness,
>dyskinesia, on-off fluctuations, bradykinesia, etc. etc. I'm interested in
>hearing of  PD sufferers experiences good, or bad, with the Pallidotomy
>operation. I am cosidering having the operation done in Melbourne but as it
>is in it's infancy here am having trouble talking to people about their
>experiences. I have been diagnosed by my neuro-surgeon as an ideal
>candidate becaue of my age,general good health and symptoms. Would
>appreciate some feed back. Thanks a million in anticipation.  Regards
>Jenny.
Hi Jenny

my age 70, pd 1990

  My Neurologist told me receintly that the hardest part of his job was
getting his patients to take his advice. Back in 1990 he told me to do some
stretching exercises;  I did them for awhile and got tired of them and quit.
Now I have been doing exercises at a gym every day for about an hour and
feel much better.  I have been also taking Sinemet.  My point is that each
of us basically has to take charge of our own life. Use the feed back info
but no one knows what we are feeling better than ourselves.
Bob

YOUTH by Samuel Ullman
Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind;
it is not a matter of rosy cheeks,  red lips and supple knees;
it is a matter  of the will,  a quality of the imagination,  a vigor of the
emotions;
it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity of the
appetite,  for adventure over the love of ease.   This often exists in a man
of 60 more than a boy of 20 .   Nobody grows old merely by a number of
years.   We grow old by deserting our ideals.

Years may wrinkle the skin,  but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
Worry,  fear,  self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.

Whether 60 or 16 there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder,
the unfailing childlike appetite of what's next and the joy of the game of
living.    In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless
station: so long as it receives messages of beauty,  hope,  cheer,  courage
and power from men and from the Infinite,   so long are you young.

When the aerials are down,  and your spirit is covered with snows of
cynicism and the ice of pessimism,  then you are grown old,  even at 20,
but as long as your aerials are up,  so catch waves of optimism,  there is
hope you may die young at 100.