At 11:46 PM 10/25/95 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Anyone know what the Internet Relay Chat channel is?  I just got chat software.

Internet Relat Chat are a couple of servers which are made to recive massive
messages and forward them to everybody that is connected. With IRC you can
talk to an unlimited amount of persons about a topic (channel). The
advantage to E-Mail is that it is real time, which means, that you read what
somone wrote a fiew secounds after him/her typing it in. IRC allowes a lot
of people to share their ideas and fantasies. The major advantage is that is
a lot cheaper for us who have unlimited access to the internet than telefone
or anything else. Channels can be created by any user and existing channels
can be used by anyone (there are exeptions). Al the chanels have moderators
(operators) which control what is going on in the channel (they are able to
kick of someone for doing something that is not acceptable in the channel).

If you have more quesions be free to email me at

good luck
Elkin Fricke   "[log in to unmask]"
 140 Baystate Rd.
 Box 1468
 Boston, MA 02215               Tel: (617) 352-6094
 "Another genious foiled by an incapable assistant!"
                          Calvin & Hobbes