I don't have an answer as such but I'd like to offer my opinion. As most of
you know Jeff has been taking NADH along with the prescribed meds and
vitamins and herbs. Since he started the NADH, the vitamins/herbs and
Amantadine we have noticed a good deal of improvement in his symptons.
Jeff's feeling right along has been, "...so what if it is a placebo effect.
. . I FEEL BETTER!" And because he feels better physically, his mental
outlook is better and that contributes to him feeling better. Can you see
the circular effect on his well-being? We feel we need to buy time until the
cure is 'discovered'. And that 'time' needs to be as high a 'quality' time
as we can manage. We feel that the NADH, vitamins/herbs, etc., whether
placebo effect or not, has had a great impact on that 'circle' concept I
referred to earlier. NADH, vitamins/herbs, etc. may very well not be for
everyone. But as I maintain in general terms, we all (parkies and
non-parkies) must be our own biggest advocates in our physical, mental and
spiritual well being. No one can give us all the answers be they medical,
psychological or spiritual - it's incumbant upon us as individuals to keep
searching. Conventional practices are not inherently bad or wrong- but we
feel there are other elements that can/may complement conventional practices.
Your message is very interesting and thought provoking and you're right,
there's no obvious answer. It all goes back to the individual. . . . . .
Regards, Lisa Carper