Hello to all,

Today, we are coming out.  Have been lurking here for around six months.
My husband, Gene, was diagnosed with PK in 1989.  He is 62 years old and
retired in July. For the past three years, he worked as a manager of a
local branch of a dairy.  The stress of dealing with employees and
customer accounts became a definite struggle for him.

Currently, his medication is: 1 dosage of eldepryl, 4 to 5 sinemet 50/200
MG, per day. He has a slight tremor on his left side.  When going off his
meds, he displays rotary torticollis to the right with elevation of the
right shoulder.  The torticollis gets worse under stress and his doctor
believes it is a drug-induced "off" dystonia.  Slurring of speech with
low vocal tone and masking are other noticeable symtoms when pill time is
wearing thin. Walking and muscle stiffness are aided by exercise 3 times
a week.

Initially, symtoms were: heavy eyelids at night after coming home from
work.  He elected to ignore symtoms.  Finally, after his tremor became
noticed, he agreed to seek medical opinion.

We've been married 40 years and know one another rather well.  I believe
Gene's positive attitude is what is his strongest strength.  Humor is a
mainstay. Four children and eight grandchildren love the guy too.

As time allows, I've been checking in with you all from time to time.
This is a great support group!  Have appreciated reading about you and
yours. Communication is the key that unlocks the doors.

Please explain...what is the meaning of the acronym NADH?

Thanks for listening.  By the way, Wendy, your poetry is beautiful.

Clara Nistler