Hi Clara & Gene:
     It great to hear from you.  It sounds as though Gene and I are in
similar boats with the exception of six birthdays: I'm 56 and was diagnosed
in 1988. My drug schedule is also very similar with the exception that I use
2.5 mg doses of bromocryptine (Parlodel) with each of 4 to 5 daily dosings
of Sinemet. I'm still working (electronic engineer) but will be retiring
this November. I have found that stress exacerbates my symptoms to a
fare-thee-well too. We've has several startling examples of this in the past
year.
     Your comments regarding Gene's positive attitude are absolutely right
on. The most frustrating experience I endure is... At bedtime I still retire
concluding that bedrest will be the rejuvenating elixir that it used to be
so many years ago... Wrong again!!! If sleep is possible at all, it is the
saddest experience to awaken feeling crummier than when you went to bed.
When I try to get up and can't even roll over is when I've learned to take a
few moments and reflect on what's going on. The attitude readjustment
exercise I've evolved into is to reiterate that Parkinson's is now a fact of
my life and that it is essential to put that realization into the background
of my consciousness for the day. Otherwise, if it's allowed to linger in the
foreground, it's easy to lapse into a depressive state that renders you
immobile, dysfunctional, very unpleasant and encumbered with exaggerated
symptoms. The Parkinson's Information Exchange is also an effective tool for
warding off depression (most of the time).
     Once again it good to meet you: I look forward to continued encounters...
                    Peace be with you        David

David Barthuli
76H Coffin Avenue
Haverhill, MA   U.S.A.